tisdag 24 mars 2015

DIY injection mold machine part 2

So while I was waiting on the electronics I started to make some parts for the machine. I decided to start whit the melting chamber since i had the measurements of the heating band. So i took a dive in the metal scrap box at work and find a fitting aluminum rod.


The diameter was 80 millimeter so i had to work on it in the lathe. And when i was done it looked like this. :-D


I took it down to 70 millimeters and made a hole for the  piston. And then the lunch break was over. but the next day I was able to do some more. 


Those flat parts are for mounting and thermocouple probe. And I used a reamer to get a snug fit around the piston. 
And for piston I found a Little piece of stainless steel rod. 

   



To be continued...
   

3 kommentarer:

  1. Greetings form Argentina! this project looks so much prommising. I just started to make one on my own and it would be helpful if you post a step by step of the connections between the Digital PID Temperature Controller and the band heater.
    I`ll be looking forward for the next post.

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Hello I have an easy diagram of the connections. And i will post that later. It has been a little bit to much to do lately. I´m glad you like it :-D

      Radera
  2. Thanks for sharing this information. We are providing High Volume Injection Molding services at an affordable price.

    SvaraRadera